PREPARING TO STUDY AT ST CHARLES COLLEGE
Studying in another country is an exciting prospect and good preparation means you will be able to enjoy the experience.
Understanding that the regulations is important and early application will ensure that your son’s starting date is not delayed. The following are some of the important steps you will need to cover:
- Acceptance letter from St Charles College
- Study permit (these permits must be applied for and obtained from the country of residence)
- South African Medical cover is a requirement of the College and the entry conditions for study in South Africa.
- A valid passport
- Return air tickets
IMPORTANT Electronic and certified copies of all travel documents and study visas must be made to ensure that studies are not interrupted when documents need to be renewed.
- Further details may be applicable dependent on the country of origin.
- Please read the fee structure document provided by the College for more comprehensive information.
TRAVELLING TO ST CHARLES COLLEGE
St Charles College is well – situated in Pietermaritzburg, the Judicial Capital of Kwa-Zulu Natal Province in South Africa.
- There are direct flights between Pietermaritzburg Airport and Johannesburg or Cape Town.
- Direct flights to Durban - parents and returning students may prefer to fly to and from King Shaka International Airport.
Travel plans need to be communicated timeously with the Boarding Secretary so that airport transits can be arranged timeously.
Each term there is a mid-term break which makes it possible for boarders to either return home or to spend time with family who may wish to spend time with their sons in South Africa. Where boys are not able to travel home the College we will assist to arrange alternative activities over the weekend.
IMPORTANT When Booking flights – please see check the term dates
ACCOMODATION AND ACTIVITIES WHILE IN SOUTH AFRICA
Speak to us and we will recommend accommodation and nearby places to visit. We are ideally situated to provide access to the Drakensberg, a world heritage site or the eastern coastline with exceptional beaches.